NEW CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Cancellation: We will share the cost of your cancellation with you by refunding 50% of your total fees paid to date.
- Rescheduling: If you choose to reschedule rather than cancel, we will give you 10% off any one future booking and will apply your fees paid to date to the new booking. If you reschedule into 2021, we will guarantee 2020 rates.
- Events after April 30: We understand that you may want to delay paying your second deposit. We are waiving our restriction that groups must pay in full 30 days prior to the event's start date.
- These policies shall remain in effect until the State of Emergency is lifted or until you receive written notification from Sierra Friends Center.
What to Bring
Items that visitors might like to bring include good hiking shoes, insect repellent, rain wear in the rainy months, swim wear and a beach towel in the hot months if you plan a trip to the Yuba River, and a flashlight (there are no lights around campus at night).
In order to maintain a tranquil and restful atmosphere for all persons using our facility we have quiet hours from 10:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. During these times, we request that noise be limited to quiet levels indoors.
We value the simplicity and tranquility of this place and want to ensure safety and clean dust-free air for the residents, visitors and neighbors of Sierra Friends Center. We expect strict observance of the 10 mph speed limit on Woolman Lane and on the school property.
Health & Safety Policies
- We are located in a fire prone area, so fire safety is critical. Candles and incense are not permitted. Outdoor campfires and woodstove fires during the fire season require a CDF permit. We ask that all cooking be done in the shared dining hall and not in the cabin areas.
- Pets are allowed at Sierra Friends Center with advance notice from the renter and must be leashed while onsite. There are some periods during the year where pets may not be allowed. The only exception is for working companions of the disabled.
- Tobacco and alcoholic beverages are not permitted at Sierra Friends Center.
- Parents are expected to provide responsible supervision of children at all times, including times when primary childcare providers are having meals and taking breaks.