Application Deadline: March 1, 2019.
Woolman Teen Leadership Camp (TLC) is an exciting program for teens 15-16 years old who backpack, play, cook, garden, and move-up into leadership roles working with each other and working with Wombat Camp (campers aged 9-14). The TLC Assistant Director will work with the TLC Director to coordinate and oversee 6 weeks of programming. This will involve planning and leading in-camp activities, planning and leading backpacking trips up to 10-days long, facilitating workshops for campers, and training and supporting the 2-3 TLC counselors. This role will be supported by and work with the TLC Camp Director and Wombat Camp Director.
- Applicants must be at least 21. Younger applicants may consider a Wombat Camp counselor or lead counselor position
- Experience leading multi-day backpacking trips, preferably at least 8 days long
- Prior work with teen programming, preferably in a backcountry setting
- Organizational abilities to create food orders, day-to-day schedules, and plan multi-day backpacking trips
- Strong risk management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience mentoring or managing others.
- Current Wilderness First Responder certification, or willingness to obtain one before the start of camp
- Current Class-B Driver's License for a 15-passenger van, or willingness to obtain one before the start of camp
- Lifeguard Certificate strongly desired, but not required
- A passion for social justice and ability to run a program that is safe and welcoming to participants of any background
You must be a thorough planner, able to anticipate potential problems and prepare for them. You need also be a creative problems solver, ready to aid in the inevitable surprises that come up! A willingness to work with the established framework of this program and also bring some creative ideas for how to help it grow is a given. You must be familiar with age-appropriate expectations for teenagers and also be excited to work with them and get to know each one as an individual. Finally, you must possess a willingness to work hard, play hard, steal quiet moments for yourself within long days and gain satisfaction through behind-the-scenes efforts that result in positive experiences for others.
The pay for TLC Assistant Director is $2160 for work June 9th - Aug. 10th. Room and Board is covered in this time span as an additional compensation and is independent of your monetary wage.
New to Camp Woolman: Click here for Application
Camp Woolman Returner: Click here for Application
Application Deadline is March 1, 2019.
FOR QUESTIONS, CONTACT:
Sonja Feinberg, Wombat Camp Director