Resources for Parents
You’ve come to the right place to get all your information about camp. For Summer 2022, we will be offering Wombat Overnight & Teen Leadership Camp Overnight. See our Covid-19 FAQs below for our current procedure to keep your camper safe. As guidance changes, we will update the page. If you have questions about financial aid through our Campership program, check back mid-March. We are working on getting our Campership application process together.
What’s unique about Camp Woolman?
Who comes to Camp?
Covid 19 FAQs
This page was last updated on 1/28/2022
- Participate in health checks.
- Practice social distancing.
- Minimize time spent indoors. Meals & activities will occur outdoors as much as possible.
- Wash hands before and after meals as well as camp activities that involve sharing supplies. -Hand sanitizer will be provided when a hand washing station is unavailable.
- Not sharing personal items such as water bottles and snacks.
Upon arrival, a health check consists of a temperature check and a series of questions including but not limited to:
- Have you been in contact within anybody with a positive COVID-19 result within the last 14 days?
- Do you have or have you shown any of the following COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days?- Fever
– Loss of taste or small
– Shortness of breath
– Sore throat
– Congestion or runny nose
– Nausea or vomiting
- Have you been in contact with anybody showing COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days?
If a camper is showing symptoms or has been in contact with somebody who is showing symptoms within the last 14 days during a health check they will be sent home. Please keep your camper at home if the answer to any of the above questions is ‘yes’.
We are looking into an app that allows families to screen themselves prior to arriving at camp!
If you have any questions please contact:
Camp Programs Director
Phone: 530-273-3183 ext 114