We are currently seeking a motivated, hardworking person interested in the intersections of work, education, and community living to join our staff. The available position as maintenance supervisor involves working with a wide variety of buildings and grounds maintenance duties here on our Nevada City, CA campus.
The Sierra Friends Center is a nonprofit educational community located on 230 acres in the Sierra Nevada Foothills, dedicated to the principles of peace, justice and sustainability. Originally founded in 1963 as a Quaker high school, Woolman now offers educational programs, retreats, events and summer camps for children and families.
In addition to the duties concerning the maintenance of the grounds and facilities, this position also asks the associate to engage in community activities, such as weekly meetings. Joining the staff at Sierra Friends Center is a unique opportunity that combines daily hands-on work in a wide range of skills and trades, while also participating in a personal growth and exploration process. We ask everyone on our staff to be willing to learn about themselves as well as about the issues that matter to the school involving peace, social justice and sustainability.
It is ideal, but not mandatory, that the person filling this position live on campus, it is also possible you could live nearby in Grass Valley, Nevada City, or surrounding areas. This is a full time salaried position. Information about compensation will be provided later in the hiring process.
Please read the job description below and visit the Sierra Friends Center website at www.woolman.org for more information about our community. If you are an interested applicant, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are accepting applications now until the position is filled. Woolman is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create and maintain an open and diverse community. Please send questions to the above email address with the subject line, “Maintenance Supervisor."
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Maintenance Supervisor Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the Maintenance Associate include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership with the general maintenance and upkeep of the grounds,buildings, and working systems on campus.
- Maintain the campus buildings and grounds in safe and orderly condition. Tasks can include construction, plumbing, electrical issues, grounds beautification, organization and cleaning, wood collection and preparation, equipment, pond, roads, painting, forest management, fire safety preparation, cabin & A-frame upkeep, and water system maintenance.
- Attend Buildings & Grounds Meetings.
- Live on campus. (ideal, but negotiable)
- Attend Wednesday Meeting for Worship, Community meeting and staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.